Asheville’s beer industry is thriving. If you are as passionate and enthusiastic about the craft beer marketplace as we are, now’s your chance to be part of our team at Green Man Brewery, one of the first breweries on the NC craft beer scene. With the recent opening of our newest expansion facility the Greenmansion, we now have the opportunity to increase our brewery tour program which offers patrons a memorable experience during their visit to Green Man Brewery.
Green Man Brewery has an immediate opening for an energetic and knowledgeable tour guide who has an affinity for public speaking and excitement to share their love of all-things-beer. You will be responsible for promoting Green Man’s culture, beer, and proud brewing history in Asheville. Like the Green Man, who symbolizes rebirth, and the changing life cycles of growth, you will connect with customers, sharing the story about our growth and evolution from a small brewpub to a successful, flourishing Asheville craft brewery.
- Experience in public speaking and/or proven skills in leadership
- Must have the ability to speak in front of groups of 15 people. Occasionally groups may reach 25 or more for some private tours
- Experience working in the service industry and specifically working in a front-of-house capacity with customers
- Knowledgeable about craft beer and brewing (not just drinking it, but ideally having some experience working in the craft beer industry)
- Detail oriented and articulate
- Flexible work schedule
- Energy, enthusiasm and clear passion for Green Man’s beer and brand
- Must be 21+ years old
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Friendly, outgoing personality with a good sense of humor
- Cicerone® Certified Beer Server accreditation or higher
- Understanding of A.L.E. (North Carolina Alcohol Law Enforcement) laws and responsibilities of employees who work in the craft beer industry
- At least one year of experience working in the craft beer industry
- Expected 10-20 hour work week
- Group tour program anticipated to run Thursdays thru Sundays (may change based on demand), with an average of two to three group tours per day
- Private tours upon request may occur on other days of the week
- Normal group tours will run between 12 p.m. and 5 p.m.
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to Brewery Tour Manager, Tanya Birch, [email protected] No calls or drop-ins please. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Cheers!